16 August 2012

New Classroom Tour

It's that time of year again when it's time to drag your feet back into the classroom to set up! Much to my delight, when I walked into my new room, most of it was already done! A couple of the Nursery Nurses at my school worked through the summer, so they took the liberty of organizing toys, labeling boxes (complete with pictures of what's in the box!), and generally setting up the furniture. When I first walked in, I thought, "Oh, but I wanted to set up the room," but after looking around, it was really the only way for the room to be set up anyway because of where the carpeted flooring and linoleum flooring was, and where the Smartboard was already mounted. Those things really dictate how you can set up a room. So, even though I didn't get to set up the room, I am delighted with how it looks!

This year I am teaching Nursery (that's Kindergarden for all you North Americans!). I have two classes - AM & PM - adding up to 40 children in total! That will be interesting during report writing time!

Here are some poor quality mobile phone photos to show what the room looks like so far, before the children have stormed through.









Really, the only major thing that I needed to do was organize the filing cabinet. It still had some things in there from 2007 (not as bad as my classroom last year that had files lying around from 1998!). The filing cabinet is really the only place in the room for me to keep personal files/resources, as well as general office supplies (scissors, pens, stapler, etc.), so I spent some time reorganizing so I know exactly where everything is.


I'm almost finished organizing files. I've used folder dividers to subdivide paperwork, masters, resources, etc. This way it's easy for me to find or file things quickly. Hopefully it will stay this organized for the year! We'll see...

Have you been into your classroom yet?

No comments: