31 March 2012

Teachers Pay Teachers

Teachers are known for reinventing the wheel. There are teacher supply stores, ready-made products and resources, books full of photocopiables, free printables online, and yet we spend hours making our own resources from scratch. I'm as guilty as the next teacher. In fact, I'll even admit that I like making my own resources. It drives Mr. West nuts, especially when I spend time on the weekend creating things for my class!

Well, it turns out I'm not the only one who likes to spend their downtime doing teacher-y things. Teachers Pay Teachers is a site where teachers can post their personally-made resources for other teachers to download either for free or for a price. Some of the stuff on there can be pretty useful, and I've recently set up an account of my own to share my handiwork.

There are quite a few languages represented in my class, so I recently made up multilingual Days of the Week posters. You can download your own free set here. The languages depicted are Lithuanian, Polish, Russian, Chinese, Bengali, Urdu, and English.




1 comment:

Beka said...

I just found your blog...and I LOVE IT! And this teacher site is amazing!
Thank you thank you thank you!
Miss you miss you miss you.